Home Bills NFL Notes: Bills, Eagles, Panthers
- Sal Capaccio would be surprised to see the Bills kick the tires on free agent WR Eric Decker as hard as they did with Jeremy Maclin.
- Capaccio points out that Bills DC Sean McDermott‘s familiarity with Maclin impacted Buffalo’s level of interest in signing him to a contract.
- Capaccio adds that signing Decker wouldn’t fit with McDermott’s philosophy, given that he’s a 30-year-old receiver coming off of both shoulder and hip surgeries.
- Mike Garafolo “highly doubts” the Eagles will show interest in free agent WR Eric Decker once he’s officially released.
- Garafolo explains that the Eagles’ reported interest in Jeremy Maclin was simply because there’s mutual respect between the two parties.
- Overall, Philadelphia is comfortable with their receiving corps, according to Garafolo.
- The Carolina Panthers announced Tuesday that QB Cam Newton, who’s still recovering from surgery for a partially torn rotator cuff, will not throw passes this week.
- However, they’re hopeful that Newton will begin doing so on the side with head trainer Ryan Vermillion during the team’s three-day minicamp.