- Greg Auman mentions that if the Buccaneers don’t promote a wide receiver to their active roster, it’s possible they could call up Ben Gottschalk to add some depth at center and guard.
- Bucs HC Dirk Koetter said WR Josh Huff won’t be called up to their active roster for Sunday’s game. (Greg Auman)
- Koetter mentioned that RB Doug Martin will be a game-time decision on Sunday: “He’ll go right up to the end.” (Roy Cummings)
- The Falcons officially ruled out RB Tevin Coleman, TE Jacob Tamme, and CB Desmond Trufant for Sunday’s game.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters that the reps between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bryce Petty were split about evenly. (Kimberly A. Martin)
- The Jets officially listed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick as questionable and Bowles said he’ll end up being a game-time decision.
- The Jets ruled out LB Bruce Carter, CB Marcus Williams, LB Josh Martin, TE Kellen Davis, and C Nick Mangold for Sunday’s game.
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy announced Friday that OLB Clay Matthews will miss Sunday’s game, due to a hamstring injury.
- McCarthy added that he expects WR Randall Cobb (hamstring) to be a “full-time player” Week 10 against the Titans.
- In regards to TE Jared Cook, McCarthy said they plan to see how he’s doing on Saturday before deciding if he’ll be active.
Vikings special teams coordinator Mike Priefer said he believes the decision to try out kickers this week will get Blair Walsh “ticked off in a good way.”
“I knew how he would react because I’ve known him now for five-plus years,” Priefer said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “It kind of lit a fire under him. [Walsh] got ticked off in a good way, I think, because he’s a competitive young man. … If he didn’t react that way, I would be really worried and then we probably would be looking for another guy. … If he’s going to feel sorry for himself, then he’s not the guy we want.”