- Cardinals free agent acquisition G Mike Iupati (knee) is expected to make his season debut this weekend.
- Darren Urban mentions that OT Bobby Massie’s two-game suspension is over, but his role in the team’s offense has not yet been determined.
- Chargers signed WR Tyrell Williams to their practice squad after he cleared waivers.
- Chargers OL Johnnie Troutman (broken forearm) said it may still be a couple weeks before he returns to the team. (Michael Gehlken)
- Chris Russell wouldn’t be surprised to see the Falcons put in a waiver claim for former Redskins CB David Amerson.
- Russell mentions that Falcons assistant HC Raheem Morris, who coached the Redskins’ secondary previously, liked Amerson’s skill set a lot.
- Rams HC Jeff Fisher said first-round RB Todd Gurley (knee) will be a game-time decision for Week 3’s game against the Steelers. (Nick Wagoner)
Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap.com writes if Saints QB Drew Brees were to miss extensive time due to an injury, it should push New Orleans towards a rebuilding effort they have avoided the last few years.
In fact, Fitzgerald mentions that Brees were to miss several weeks, it would be fair to wonder if this is the last we’ll see of him in a Saints’ uniform.
Given the Saints’ cap situation, Fitzgerald believes they should at least entertain the idea trading Brees, as he’s their best asset and he could net them at least one first-round pick from a quarterback-needy team.