- HC Bruce Arians announced that QB Drew Stanton will make his third consecutive start against the Broncos.
- RB Ryan Matthews, G Rich Ohrnberger, ILB Manti Te’o, LB Reggie Walker and DB Shareece Wright have all been ruled out for Week 5.
- The Lions have officially ruled out running backs Joique Bell and Theo Riddick for Week 5. (Kyle Meinke)
- CB Trumaine Johnson (knee) has been ruled out for Week 5.
- TE Jordan Reed put in a limited practice on Friday and is could be a “50-50” at best to play this weekend.
- WR Andre Johnson (ankle) did not practice on Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 5. (John McClain)