- No surprise, but Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas expects WR Dez Bryant to play out the 2015 season under the franchise tag.
- According to Archer, there haven’t been any negotiations between the Cowboys and Bryant in recent days.
- Archer doesn’t rule out the idea of the Cowboys taking a cornerback with their No. 1 overall pick.
- Archer mentions that there is a chance Dallas could pass on tendering Sterling Moore a contract.
- The highest Archer can see the Cowboys trading up in round one for a certain player is No. 23 overall.
- Archer believes the recent four-game fine MLB Rolando McClain received for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy could actually improve the Cowboys chances of re-signing him, as it will likely impact his asking price.
- Archer doesn’t expect Dallas to grab a quarterback in the draft.
- Dan Graziano of ESPN writes that it’s reasonable for the Giants to allow CB Prince Amukamara to play out his contract and consider an extension in 2016.
- According to Graziano, the Giants could free up $11 million in cap space by signing QB Eli Manning to an extension, but it’s unlikely that they would get any sort of discount if they were to approach him regarding a new contract.
- Graziano doesn’t think it would make much sense for the Giants to target an offensive lineman at No. 9 overall if they believed he may have to move to guard, which is what some have suggested for Iowa OL Brandon Scherff.
- This leaves the Giants in a potentially difficult position as they could really use an offensive tackle, but there may not be top-tier option in this year’s draft class.
- Graziano writes that Reggie Bush is the “kind of back for which the Giants are looking.”
- Graziano doesn’t see the Giants targeting free agent TE Jordan Cameron this offseason.
- Nick Wagoner opines that QB Sam Bradford is likely more willing to accept a pay cut than his agent is.
- Wagoner adds that Bradford has a lot of leverage right now, but he still expects the two sides work something out in the end.
- Wagoner gets the feeling that the Rams would like to bring back TE Lance Kendricks. Although, he isn’t sure it will happen.
- According to Wagoner, this is a big year for C Barrett Jones, as he wonders if Jones will ever be healthy enough to play and hold up in the NFL.
- Wagoner doesn’t rule out the possibility that the Rams could consider signing recently released G Justin Blalock.
- John Keim expects there to be a handful of edge-rushers available outside of the Top 10 picks in the event the Redskins trade out of No. 5 overall.
- In regards to the idea of the Eagles trading up to No. 5 to get Marcus Mariota, Keim writes that this would likely come down to the Redskins opinion of Mariota, as they couldn’t allow him to go to a division rival if they thought he was really going to be great.
- Keim expects Washington to be active in free agency, even though they may not be in on the most notable free agents.
Larry Holder of the Times-Picayune takes a look at the Saints’ available options when it comes to freeing up additional cap space for free agency.
According to Holder, release candidates for the Saints includes ILB David Hawthorne, DL Brodrick Bunkley, and DB Corey White. Parting ways with this these three players would free up $10.57 million in available cap space.