- In regards to the top-two quarterback prospects, Albert Breer reports that majority of people in the league he’s spoken to like Jared Goff’s tape best. However, Carson Wentz’s upside “tantalizes” others.
- Albert Breer mentions that there’s support within the Cowboys‘ organization to select Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott. However, Breer adds that Carson Wentz being available would make things harder on Dallas.
- The Bills are hosting Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd for a visit tonight and tomorrow. (Tyler Dunne)
- Brad Biggs reports that the Bears hosted Clemson Shaq Lawson, Oklahoma State’s Emmanuel Ogbah and Ohio State’s Darron Lee for pre-draft visits on Tuesday.
Charean Willians of the Star-Telegram reports that the Cowboys are sending a contingent to Berkley to work out Cal QB Jared Goff this weekend.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned that the Rams’ decision to trade up to No. 1 overall will have an impact on them at No. 4 overall.
“I don’t want to make any assumptions [on who the Rams will draft],” Jones said. “But yeah, it does impact [us], because that kind of movement up ahead of you in a lot of different ways, it took a lot of the consideration out of the marketplace. … It certainly made a difference below that No. 1 pick as to what might be available in trading or in terms of making a decision with a player. It took two commodities out.”
Jones added that taking a quarterback this year may not be their best option, especially if Tony Romo can play another four or five years at a reasonably high level.
“I can give you a real scenario where it can be pretty problematic if we do what we want to do, and that’s have Romo play fairly injury-free and uninterrupted for the next three, four, five years,” Jones said. “If he plays uninterrupted, then you’ve got a problem if you pick the quarterback this year, because you don’t know what you’ve got, really at a time when he may be entering the [free agent] market. There’s an example of that this year. And so that’s one of the things you weigh if you’re in our shoes about whether to get interested in a quarterback this early in Romo’s career. It can be distorted by the fact that he has had some injuries two of the last three years.
“It’s something that I don’t have the answer to right now. I’m really hoping that maybe just the dynamics of the draft, and the dynamics of the opportunity will help make this decision.”
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins hosted UCLA TE Thomas Duarte and California TE Stephen Anderson for pre-draft visits.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Jets made a “serious offer” to Titans for the No. 1 pick.