Todd McShay of ESPN (Insider) offers some speculative landing spots for this year’s crop of offensive linemen.
- Pittsburgh OT T.J. Clemmings – Rams, Browns, Saints, Texans, Lions and Panthers.
- Stanford OT Andrus Peat – Saints, Texans and Lions .
- Iowa OL Brandon Scherff – Giants, Rams, Vikings, and 49ers.
- Florida OT D.J. Humphries – Eagles and Panthers.
- Miami OT Ereck Flowers – Rams, Browns, Saints, Texans, Lions, Panthers
- Penn State OT Donovan Smith – likely to be a third or fourth-round pick.
- Florida State C Cameron Erving – Colts and Broncos.
- Kentucky DE/OLB Alvin “Bud” Dupree said that he has an interview set up with the Bengals. (Coley Harvey)
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said that they’re scheduled to meet with all the top running back prospects in this year’s draft class.
“This draft is as heavy as it’s ever been,” Jones said, via Todd Archer of ESPN. “This is one of the strongest years there’s ever been with running backs.”
Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon and Boise State’s Jay Ajayi both confirmed their meetings with the Cowboys. Georgia’s Todd Gurley is also on their list.
- Vaughn McClure of ESPN reports that the Falcons will extend an exclusive rights’ tender to LB Nathan Stupar in the coming weeks.
- Rich Cimini is getting the sense that the Jets will target the cornerback and guard positions in free agency.
- According to Cimini, some cornerbacks to watch for the Jets include: Names to watch are Antonio Cromartie, Kareem Jackson, Byron Maxwell, Brandon Flowers and Darrelle Revis (if he’s released).
- In regards to the guard position, Cimini mentions that it sounds like they would like to add an established veteran.
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters on Friday that they’ve been “negotiating in earnest” with RB Marshawn Lynch and have extended him “big offers.“
“I haven’t talked to Marshawn,” Carroll said, via Terry Blount of ESPN. “But we have been negotiating in earnest for a great deal of time now to get Marshawn back with us. It’s been an ongoing, long process and we’ve had big offers out there and continue to work with that. We’re excited about the future. He’s been an integral part of our program. We would like to move it ahead swiftly. It’s such a big deal to get our elite players intact and we’re working at that now.“