Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Draft, Marijuana, Bengals, Dolphins &, Steelers
NFL Notes: Draft, Marijuana, Bengals, Dolphins &, Steelers
- Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball reports that Miami QB Brad Kaaya is receiving mid-round grades from NFL teams, despite some talk that he could end up being a first-round pick.
- One GM tells Campbell that they have Kaaya has a fifth-round pick while other teams gave him a late third, early fourth-round grade.
- Campbell mentions that Kaaya has two serious flaws in his game, which is a lack of mobility and a tendency to focus on the rush when he feels pressure.
- According to Campbell, there’s a belief that Kaaya could be too focused on getting to the NFL. However, he reportedly believes he could work his way into being a second-round pick, given that the quarterback class is considered to be weak overall.
- Jason Cole of B/R spoke with several NFL owners who said privately that they would support the use of marijuana for pain management.
- Three owners believe the league should be more open to marijuana use to manage pain, considering that other drugs currently being used have worse side effects.
- The NFLPA plans to study the use of marijuana by players to manage pain.
- Adam Caplan reports that Bengals MLB Rey Maualuga is not expected to play in Monday night’s game against the Giants due to a leg injury.
- Despite some optimism from CB Chris Culliver that he would return for Week 10, Armando Salguero writes that it’s unlikely he’ll be back for their upcoming game against the Chargers, barring a “significant jump in productivity” in practice this week.
- Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey told reporters that there’s a “100 percent” chance of him playing this week following thumb surgery. Pouncey added that he hasn’t had any problems snapping the ball but won’t practice until Friday. (James Wexell)
Tags Brad Kaaya Chris Culliver Maurkice Pouncey Rey Maualuga