- Greg Hardy‘s latest attempt to improve his image in the hope of securing another opportunity with an NFL team involves him making adjustments to his Twitter account.
- Darin Gantt of Pro Football Talk points out that Hardy has changed his Twitter handle from “Overlord Kraken” to “GregHardyJr” and is now featuring an avatar of him holding a baby.
- There hasn’t been any reported interest in him since free agency opened several months ago, and it’s fair to wonder if he’ll ever get another shot from an NFL team.
- David Chao points out that Cowboys second-round LB Jaylon Smith is still wearing an AFO brace six months after his injury.
- According to Chao, the best case scenario for Smith is another six more months of rehab.
- Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap.com offers his picks for the best and worst Dolphins’ contracts.
- According to Fitzgerald, S Reshad Jones‘ four-year, $28M with $15M gtd is Miami’s best contract while DT Ndamukong Suh‘s six-year, $114M deal with $59.95M guaranteed is the worst deal on their books, according to Fitzgerald.
Ravens QB Joe Flacco (ACL) mentioned that he’s not really all that worried about running and cutting on his surgically repaired knee, considering that he didn’t injury it that way.
“It’s funny, when I’m out there running around and cutting on it and doing those things, there is no tentativeness, because I didn’t hurt it that way,” Flacco said, via BaltimoreRavens.com. “I hurt it getting hit.
“I’m curious. It will probably be a little different the first time I take a couple drop-backs and feel a little bit of guys coming in my face. I’ll have to step and throw still.“