- Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports people within the NFL appear “uneasy” with Michigan State QB Connor Cook. According to Pelissero, one NFL QBs coach said of Cook: “There’s something off,” when evaluating him. Additionally, one GM said “there’s something missing with him“, and an offensive coordinator said added:”There’s just something put-offish about him.”
- Tony Pauline reports that the Panthers like Southeastern Louisiana CB Harlan Miller and will consider him in the third round.
- According to Pauline, the uncertainty at the tight end position could benefit Ohio State’s Nick Vannett. In fact, Pauline reports that the Chargers and Falcons are considering him as a day-two pick .
- A potential late-round target for the Giants could be South Carolina RB Brandon Wilds, according to Pauline.
- According to Aaron Wilson, the Chargers are showing interest in Gannon QB Liam Nadler.
Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said he came away “really impressed” by UCLA LB Myles Jack after conducting a private workout on April 16.
“I had a chance to visit with him for quite a while [at UCLA],” Bradley said, via Hays Carlyon of The Florida Times-Union. “We had some time here and then some time there, so that part was good. Then, we put him through position-specific drills that are really based on our scheme and I thought he did a really good job with that. He’s travelled a lot, so I was really impressed with him.”
- According to Greg Auman, the Lions are expected to sign undrafted free agent P Kyle Christy to compete with P Sam Martin.
- Joel Corry mentions that the Redskins signing Josh Norman could lead to them parting ways with CB Chris Culliver.
- Corry points out that Culliver’s $8 million salary guarantee for the 2016 season voided after he received a one-game suspension last year.
- Here’s how Norman’s guarantees stacks up: Norman ($50M), Patrick Peterson ($47.3M), Richard Sherman ($40M), and Darrelle Revis ($39M). (Spotrac)