- Mike Reiss of ESPN mentions that the Patriots will likely send the Eagles a 2018 fourth-round pick for their compensation as part of the CB Eric Rowe trade from last year, given that he did not play in 50 percent of snaps last season and has already missed two games this year due to a groin injury.
- Reiss believes undrafted free agent LB Harvey Langi‘s special teams’ contributions could warrant a role over LB David Harris.
- Reiss points out that Harris has not appeared in any snaps this season and is behind Dont’a Hightower, Kyle Van Noy, Elandon Roberts and even Marquis Flowers on the depth chart.
- According to Reiss, Harris likely remains on the Patriots’ active roster, considering that they owe him $1.28 million guaranteed this year.
- Reiss expects recently acquired WR Phillip Dorsett to make a greater impact as the season progresses.