NFL Notes: Jamal Adams, Browns, Eagles, Falcons
- LSU S Jamal Adams said he met with the Titans at the NFL Combine and the team had DBs coach Deshea Townsend at his Pro Day. However, Adams did not take an official visit with the Titans. (Paul Kuharsky)
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Browns coaching staff is all-in on DE Myles Garrett but the front office is leaning more towards UNC QB Mitch Trubisky in later stages of the process.
- La Canfora says that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam “badly wants a quarterback“
- While the team has refuted it publicly, La Canfora says that there’s still a divide between Browns HC Hue Jackson and the front office.
- As the process has gone on, Haslam has reportedly been asking about quarterbacks and why so few decision makers have been banging the drum for a quarterback at No. 1 overall, per La Canfora.
- La Canfora says that Cleveland would love to solve this situation by making a trade and points out that swinging a deal for Jimmy Garoppolo would both appease the owner, buy them some time and allow them to still take Garrett at No. 1 overall.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Eagles signed QB Matt McGloin to a one-year deal worth $800,000, which breaks down to $775,000 base salary to go along with a $25,000 workout bonus and no guaranteed money.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Falcons HC Dan Quinn put Missouri DE/OLB Charles Harris and Kansas State DE/OLB Jordan Willis through a side-by-side workout two weeks ago.
Tags Charles Harris Hue Jackson Jamal Adams Jimmy Garoppolo Jimmy Haslam Jordan Willis Matt McGloin Mitch Trubisky Myles Garrett