- Nick Underhill mentions that he expects free agent S Kenny Vaccaro to sign with a team before the start of training camp in the next few weeks.
- According to Underhill, Vaccaro is healthy, but the safety market didn’t develop as many expected, which is why he’s still available.
- Underhill adds that there was no need for Vaccaro to hurry and sign a deal when free agency opened.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
“Listen, he’s probably a third-round bid,” a director of college scouting tells Miller. “That’s a safe spot, and someone will get antsy and not want to lose out on him. Maybe second-round if it’s a playoff team.”
Miller points out that the Bills and Browns both have plenty of 2019 draft picks to work with. Another team to watch for Beal, according to Miller, could be the Chiefs, who have two second-round picks in 2019.
- Mike Garafolo reports that NFL teams have received a clean drug test from Virginia Tech CB Adonis Alexander that was administered this week.
- According to Garafolo, teams had already received notice Alexander had passed tests over the last eight months.
- Alexander is looking to show teams that his 2016 arrest for marijuana was an isolated incident.