- Alex Flanagan has spoken to more and more people around the league who believe the Philip Rivers trade rumors actually have “legitimate legs.”
- Peter King believes Flanagan could be on to something, but he adds that nothing is certain regarding the No. 2 pick at this point in time.
Earlier in the day, we updated our two-round NFL Mock Draft today.
- Lance Zierlein reports that Miami TE Clive Walford turned just about every team off with his attitude at the combine and in individual meetings.
- A TE’s coach tells Zierlein that Walford: “Acted like he was doing us a favor by even talking to us. Asked about an issue he had and he got pissy“
Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff made it clear this week that they are not interested in pursuing a trade for Vikings RB Adrian Peterson.
“I think anytime you’re dealing with the draft, your dealing with negotiations, there is going to be discussions about it,” Dimitroff said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Our focus has been on this year’s draft class, not on free agents at this point. We’re ready to move on from that discussion.”
Dimitroff also confirmed that there has been a lot of trade talk with teams in the weeks leading up to the draft.
“There is a lot of discussion already about moving move ways with a lot of our peers in the league,” Dimitroff said.
- Ravens TE Dennis Pitta (hip) said it’s too early to tell whether he’ll play this season. (Jamison Hensley)