Robert Griffin III
- “RG3 is going to bury Hue,” a general manager told Freeman.
- A front-office executive added: “Hue is going to find out that RG3 isn’t coachable.”
- “RG3 is going to drag Hue down with him,” said an NFL scout.
The concerns, according to Freeman, come down to RGIII not being disciplined enough to be a franchise quarterback, and the impact his knee injury has had on his mobility.
- According to Adam Schefter, Bills first-round OLB Shaq Lawson is not expected to return until October at the earliest.
- According to Mike Freeman, many around the NFL still expect Mark Sanchez to be the Broncos’ starting quarterback this year, despite competing with Trevor Siemian for the job.
- Freeman adds that it makes sense to go with Sanchez, considering that it gives the coaching staff the opportunity to switch gears if Sanchez struggles and go with Siemian.
- Jason Fitzgerald takes a look at the best and worst contracts for the Cowboys.
According to Fitzgerald, the best contract goes to LT Tyron Smith and his eight-year, $97.6 million deal that includes $22.1 million guaranteed. In fact, Fitzgerald says that Smith’s deal is arguable the best contract in the entire NFL.
- Conversely, Fitzgerald considers CB Brandon Carr‘s one-year, $5.5 million deal with $1 million guaranteed to be the team’s worst contract.