During an appearance on Mike & Mike in the Morning, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that he’s “open to changing my role,” calling the process “extremely time-consuming,” via Pro Football Talk.
However, Goodell clarified that he could see his role changing in regards to the initial decision-making process, and not with internal appeals process.
Regarding a neutral arbitration, Goodell said he resists this idea because the “standards of the NFL are important to uphold,” and that “you don’t delegate that responsibility or those standards.”
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said during an interview with 105.3 The Fan that they are still planning for DE Greg Hardy to miss the first four games of the season, and not appeal his suspension. (Jon Machota)
- Ed Werder spoke to a Giants’ source and one close to Jason Pierre-Paul who both agreed that he’s unlikely to play in Week 1’s game against the Cowboys.
- Werder adds that Giants HC Tom Coughlin has yet to rule out the possibility of JPP playing.
- Dan Graziano reports that the Giants were encouraged by Monday’s meeting with Pierre-Paul.
- According to Graziano, contract discussions JPP’s agent could possibly begin today.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans plan to keep TE Anthony Denham (shoulder sprain) on Texans’ injured reserve for now.