Home Giants NFL Notes: Sam Darnold, Giants, Redskins, Texans
- An NFL scout tells Lance Zierlein that while USC QB Sam Darnold has a number of attributes that stand out as an NFL prospect, one area of concern is the number of interceptions he throws.
- Zierlein points out that Darnold has 14 INTs over his last 10 games, dating back to late October of last season. This could be due to Darnold having a penchant for staring down receivers from time to time.
- According to Zierlein, it’s possible that NFL evaluators could have similar concerns as they had with Deshaun Watson coming out several months ago.
- According to Art Stapleton, the expectation is that the Giants will re-sign FB Shane Smith to their practice squad if he clears waivers on Friday.
- Smith was waived Thursday to make room for two additions to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Redskins OT Ty Nsekhe recently underwent core muscle surgery and is expected to be sidelined 3-6 weeks. (Mike Jones)
- With Nsekhe out of the lineup for the next month or so, the Redskins will turn to T.J. Clemmings as their backup tackle. (John Keim)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said expects WR Will Fuller (collarbone) to make his season debut on Sunday against the Titans: “I would see him being ready to go on Sunday.” (Drew Dougherty)