Albert Breer reports that Tom Brady’s appeal hearing hinges upon four major points:
- The NFLPA believes the sanctions handed down by the NFL are reliant on the Wells Report, and lack enough direct evidence to find Brady definitively guilty. (Albert Breer)
- The NFLPA contends that this discipline should not be determined by Troy Vincent due to the CBA, and should instead come from Roger Goodell or a hearings officer. (Albert Breer)
- The NFLPA is arguing that the punishment is inconsistent with similar transgressions while the league reportedly considers this case to be unique, and without precedent. (Albert Breer)
- Based on past history between the league and NFLPA, the union is expected to argue that a neutral arbitrator is absolutely necessary in this case. (Albert Breer)
Goodell is expected to select an arbitrator and then set a date for the hearing. Breer mentions that the hearing will likely take place be in June after Greg Hardy’s case.
- Bills signed third-round pick G John Miller to a four-year contract.
- Bills signed fifth-round pick RB Karlos Williams to a four-year contract.
- Broncos signed seventh-round S Josh Furman to a four-year contract. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ross Jones of FOX Sports reports that Seahawks RB Robert Turbin is recovering from offseason hip surgery.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times confirms the report and adds that Turbin is expected to be back in time for training camp.