Tony Romo & Rams
According to Mike Freeman of B/R, a few people around the league believe Tony Romo’s days with the Cowboys are done now that rookie Dak Prescott has emerged as a viable long-term solution.
Interestingly enough, an AFC team assistant personnel man mentioned that the Rams could be a team to watch for Romo, as owner Stan Kroenke is still looking for a star quarterback to boost the Rams’ attendance.
- Before free agent DE Greg Hardy was recently arrested for cocaine possession, Mike Freeman reports that there were at least two teams with at least some interest in him.
- However, sources now tell Freeman that Hardy’s arrest basically ended any chance of him ever playing another snap in the NFL.
- Jason Cole reports that first-year HC Doug Pederson is quickly winning over the Eagles’ locker room, due in part to his willingness to find roles for backup players.
- Pederson hired nine former players on his coachings staff, which Cole says has helped them connect with their roster.
- Jeff Howe reports that Patriots LB Dont’a Hightower has a sprained meniscus, but is making good progress. Although, there’s no definitive word as of now regarding his status for Sunday’s game.
- Patriots waived OT Ian Silberman from their practice squad. (Mike Reiss)