49ers TE Vernon Davis said that he would be disappointed if he wound up being traded in the coming weeks.
“I’ve been a Niner for 10 years,” Davis said, via Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area. “This is all I know. It’s really not about me being upset. I understand the nature of the business. It’s a business — it is. If anyone was somewhere for 10 years, they’d be highly upset, highly disappointed.”
Davis’ said the recent reports regard him possibly being on the trade block are like just rumors.
“He told me not to worry about it,” Davis said. “It’s probably just rumors.”
Even so, Davis admitted that he recognizes this is a business and he has to be prepared for anything.
“But you have to understand, after all of this, it’s a business,” Davis said. “I have no intention of going anywhere. But sometimes things happen and you just have to be prepared for it. I think anyone would be upset.”
- The Browns ruled out CB Joe Haden (concussion) for Week 7’s game against the Rams. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- S Tashaun Gipson is doubtful with ankle injury for Sunday’s game as well. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Redskins WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 7’s game.
- CB DeAngelo Hall, CB Chris Culliver, and G Kory Lichtensteiger will also miss Sunday’s game.
- Jason La Canfora reports that Ben Roethlisberger was still pretty limited during Friday’s practice, and the Steelers are operating as if he’ll sit out of their Week 7 game, barring him talking his way into the lineup on Saturday.