Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Von Miller, Bills, Saints & Drew Brees
NFL Notes: Von Miller, Bills, Saints & Drew Brees
- Ed Werder of ESPN is the latest to wonder if the Broncos would consider trading franchise OLB Von Miller if they’re unable to reach an agreement on a long-term deal before the upcoming deadline.
- Yesterday, Jason Cole of B/R reported that despite some wondering if the Broncos could consider trading Miller, Denver is not interested in moving Miller in a trade and are instead focused on re-signing him to a long-term extension. (NFLTR)
- Mike Rodak points out that Bills CB Stephon Gilmore would be fined $30,000 a day plus one regular season game check worth $652,000 for every preseason game missed.
- Should Gilmore hold out all of August, Rodak says he would be fined $750,000 in daily camp fines and $2.6 million in preseason game fines.
- Andrew Brandt of TheMMQB.com writes that while Andrew Luck‘s new six-year, $140 million contract didn’t come close to being a fully guaranteed deal, Saints QB Drew Brees is the next “true candidate” to possibly get a fully guaranteed extension.
- Brandt mentions that this is assuming Brees signs a relatively short-term contract between three to four years that takes into account his age and experience.
- New Orleans is in a tough position with Brees, considering that he currently carries a cap figure of $30 million and franchising him in 2017 wound run the team a staggering $43.09 million.
Tags Andrew Luck Stephon Gilmore von miller