Veteran offensive lineman Wade Smith announced his retirement from the NFL on Monday, via his Instagram account.
“I’m moving on to my next stage in life, with a smile on my face, knowing that I gave everything I had to the game, and to the guys in the huddle that counted one me,” Smith wrote. “The NFL is a brotherhood that is second to none and I’m honored to be able to say that I am part of the family.”
- Boise State RB Jay Ajayi mentioned that he’s gotten the most interest from the Cowboys, Ravens, Chargers, and Jaguars. (Pro Football Talk)
- The Colts announced Monday that they’ve placed OLB Aaron Morgan on the Reserve/Retired list.
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions brought in Lions brought FSU DL Mario Edwards for a visit.
- According to Birkett, FSU DT Eddie Goldman will also visit with the team and could be a good fit for the Lions.
- The Steelers are hosting Texas A&M TE Cameron Clear, WVU G Quentin Spain, and Auburn WR Sammie Coates for visits on Monday. (Bob Labriola)