- The Vikings, Steelers, and Giants are all reportedly targeting safeties tonight, according to Tony Pauline.
- Pauline adds that several safeties are expected to be selected tonight.
- Pauline also expects there to be an early run on defensive tackles that could go through the 12th pick of round two.
- Adam Schefter mentioned on ESPN that Christian Hackenberg could be the guy to watch for the Bills, given ownership ties to Penn State.
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said they will likely be heavy on defense in rounds 2-7 with a possible quarterback or offensive lineman mixed in. (David Moore)
Leigh Steinberg, the agent for QB Paxton Lynch, mentioned that the Chiefs tried to trade up for his client last night.
“When we started to get back to about 19, Dallas was trying to trade up so they kept us posted about the fact they were trying to trade up,” Steinberg said in an interview with 104.3 The Fan. “And then later Kansas City was trying to trade up and they were keeping us acquainted. Before that ever happened, we got the call from Denver that they had made the trade.”
- According to Tony Pauline, the Chiefs are the odds on favorite to take CB Mackensie Alexander at No. 37 overall.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Dolphins immediately called LT Branden Albert after they drafted Laremy Tunsil last night to assure him that Tunsil will be playing guard for them and his job is safe.
- Sources tell Tony Pauline that the Giants are looking for a free safety and many believe they could target Clemson’s T.J. Green in round two.
- Beyond that, the Giants are reportedly looking to draft an offensive lineman on Day 2.
- Jordan Raanan predicts the Giants will take TE Hunter Henry at No. 40 overall.