- Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott had private workouts with the Cowboys and Cardinals and has meeting scheduled with the Broncos, Eagles and Bills. (Kristian Garic)
- Louisiana Tech DT Vernon Butler has been invited to go tot he NFL Draft. (Kristian Garic)
- Alabama DT Jarran Reed will visit with the Saints on April 14. (Kristian Garic)
- Rich Cimini of ESPN doesn’t believe the Jets are really interested in trading for Buccaneers backup QB Mike Glennon, despite some recent trade rumors.
- Instead, Cimini considers Ryan Fitzpatrick to be the best fit for the Jets, and expects them to eventually come to an agreement.
- Other options for the Jets could include Josh McCown and Brian Hoyer if talks fall through with Fitzpatrick.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell didn’t rule out the possibility of the Raiders ever playing in Las Vegas. Although, he’s still hopeful the Raiders will remain in Oakland.
“Mark Davis is appropriately looking at all his alternatives,” Goodell said, via ESPN. “They need to evaluate those alternatives. I think their ultimate decision is a long ways off. There are several cities that have a tremendous interest in the Raiders. I’m hopeful also that Oakland will be one of those and that we can avoid any relocation to start with. Those are ultimately decisions about where they go and the impact that the potential gambling that we’d have to deal with.”
In regards to gambling being legal in Las Vegas, Goodell said: “We’d have to understand it, we’d have to understand what the impact is on us and ultimately each owner would have a vote on that.”
- Jason Cole believes the main reason why the NFL didn’t rule out Las Vegas as being an option for the Raiders is because they want to keep them out of Los Angeles if the Chargers stay in San Diego.
- David DeBolt and Rebecca Parr of the Bay Area News Group report that the Raiders will end up paying $3.5 million to play at O.co Coliseum in 2016, which happens to be an increase of nearly four times what they were paying just last year.