“Glennon is the perfect fit for the Jets,” the GM told Schein. “Good arm. Good fit in [Chan] Gailey’s offense. Younger and better than [Ryan] Fitzpatrick.”
Another GM went as far to say that he’d take Glennon over Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill right now.
“If you gave me a choice of Ryan Tannehill or Mike Glennon, give me Mike Glennon,” said the GM. “He’s smart. He has a great reputation as a worker. He’s a middle-of-the-pack starter in the NFL.”
The GM also added that he believes Glennon is worth a second-round pick.
Schein takes a look at six speculative landing spots for Glennon in a potential trade including: the Rams, Jets, Broncos, Cowboys, 49ers, and Bills.
Eliot Shorr-Parks reports that the Eagles are bringing in Memphis QB Paxton Lynch for a visit.
- Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott mentioned that he has visits lined up with the Bears, Dolphins and Eagles. (Albert Breer)
Alabama LB Reggie Ragland has taken seven visits, and the Colts and Bears have both traveled to work him out. (Gil Brandt)
- Arkansas QB Brandon Allen has had workouts or meeting with the Buccaneers, Panthers, Falcons, and Cowboys. (Alex Marvez)
- Georgia LB Jordan Jenkins has worked out for or met with the Dolphins, Patriots, Vikings, Lions, Colts, Saints and Raiders. (Alex Marvez)
- Louisiana Tech DT Vernon Butler has worked out for the Bengals, Lions, Panthers, Patriots, Raiders and Titans. (Gil Brandt)
- Rick Snider of the Washington Post offers five players the Redskins should consider in this year’s NFL draft.
- These players include: Baylor DT Andrew Billings, Ohio State CB Eli Apple, Virginia Tech CB Kendall Fuller, Maryland S Sean Davis and William & Mary S DeAndre Houston-Carson.