Home / Buccaneers / NFL Rumors: Miles Killebrew, Jaguars, Patriots, & Vikings
NFL Rumors: Miles Killebrew, Jaguars, Patriots, & Vikings
- Southern Utah S Miles Killebrew has pre-draft workouts and/or visits scheduled with the Buccaneers, Panthers, Titans, Cardinals, Patriots and Falcons. (Luke Easterling)
- Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union expects James Sample to beat out
Johnathan Cyprien for the starting strong safety job.
- O’Halloran believes the Jaguars should decline LT Luke Joeckel‘s fifth-year option because it would ensure that he has trade value in the coming months.
- Jaguars HC Gus Bradley still expects RB Denard Robinson to get some work, even after they brought in Chris Ivory in free agency: “He’ll get in there, too. He’s our speed back. Again, a different style of running back. You have [Chris] Ivory, T.J. [Yeldon] and then Denard comes in there and the style of runs you see will be different.’’
- Mike Reiss of ESPN reports that the Patriots made a late attempt to re-sign DT Sealver Siliga, who wound up signing a one-year, $1.2 million contract with the Seahawks.
- Reiss takes this and the fact that they met with DT Nick Fairley as them having concerns about their interior defensive line depth.
- In regards to the draft, Reiss wouldn’t be surprised to see the Patriots use a late-round pick on a quarterback to develop.
- Darren Wolfson reports that the Vikings met with Alabama DT Jarran Reed at the Senior Bowl and again at the Scouting Combine.
Tags Denard Robinson Gus Bradley James Sample Jarran Reed Johnathan Cyprien Luke Joeckel Miles Killebrew Nick Fairley Sealver Siliga