- ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio spoke to a Jets source who mentioned that Alabama TE O.J. Howard looks like “an immediate Pro Bowl level player.“
- According to Paolantonio, Howard could very well be the Jets’ pick at No. 6 overall, assuming they don’t trade down, which is still a possibility according to other reports.
- We have him being selected by the Jets in the First Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Ole Miss TE Evan Engram is “making a push to sneak into the first round.“
- According to Rapoport, Engram could end up being the third tight end selected in the first round.
- We have him being selected by the Jaguars in the Second Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft.
- Todd Archer’s educated guess is that the Cowboys will not take Ohio State CB Gareon Conley at No. 28 overall based on what everybody knows right now.
- A report from early said Dallas is a team to watch for Conley tonight. (NFLTR)
- Archer’s “gut feeling” pick for the Cowboys right now is USC CB Adoree Jackson.
- Archer says that the Cowboys like Wisconsin DE/OLB T.J. Watt, but he spoke to a scout who wasn’t sure about the fit and asked if Dallas was switching back to a 3-4 defense.
An executive who spoke with Mike Sando isn’t buying that the Jets could take a quarterback at No. 6 overall and may instead be looking to trade down.
“The Jets are a trade-down candidate and that has been reported,” the executive said. “I feel confident in that just evaluating the players they have brought in for visits. They are almost acting like they would like to trade down.
“I think they are in a prime position to float out there that they could pick a quarterback and then have somebody who wants Trubisky to trade up into that spot. They are in a great spot for that, and so is Tennessee at 5. You can leapfrog the Jets and get Trubisky if you are one of those teams wanting a quarterback.”