Free agent G Richie Incognito tells Mike Silver of the NFL Network that he is “100 percent” into playing for the Oakland Raiders.
“I’m 100 percent into that,” Incognito said Tuesday night. “I think that would fit my personality the best. It makes so much sense. I know (offensive coordinator Greg) Olson and (offensive line coach Tony) Sparano, and I’m a loyal guy, and I’d love to play for them again. And, of course, the Raiders have that aura.”
Incognito has also said that he would like to re-sign with Miami, so it appears as though he is just hoping to get another chance after the bullying scandal that led to him being suspended for the second-half of the 2013 season.
Incognito, 30, appeared in eight games last season before he was suspended indefinitely. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 24 guard in the league last year, and an above average player in both run and pass-blocking.
Free agent G Richie Incognito mentioned in a recent interview that being back with the Miami Dolphins is his “number one goal.”
“Returning to the Dolphins was my number one goal from the time I got suspended,” Incognito said in an interview with WSVN in Miami, via ESPN.com.“… I want to return to the community in Miami and resume my playing career as soon as possible.”
Incognito underwent unspecified treatment in recent weeks and is now looking for another opportunity in the league.
Miami has already trade OT Jonathan Martin and is working to rebuild their offensive line for next season. Given all that has transpired in the past year, it seems unlikely that the Dolphins would consider re-signing Incognito, even if they could use some additional help.