- Eddie Paskal of Raiders.com expects Vadal Alexander to battle for playing time at right tackle this summer and could serve as the team’s utility offensive lineman.
- This means that veteran RT Austin Howard will have to battle for his job. Even so, Paskal mentions that you shouldn’t count Howard out once the pads come on.
- Free agent addition Marshall Newhouse should also be in the mix at right tackle this summer, per Paskal.
- Ryan Mink of BaltimoreRavens.com writes that the team could employ a three-headed monster at running back this season between Terrance West, Danny Woodhead, and Kenneth Dixon.
- The Ravens plan to move Lorenzo Taliaferro from running back to fullback and have him replace Kyle Juszczyk in that role.
Steelers OLB Bud Dupree mentioned that he’s ready to produce a breakout season in 2017.
“I’m all with it,” Dupree said, via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I like the pressure, but there really isn’t any pressure for me. It’s expectations. People expect me to be the guy, and they see a lot of good things in me.”
Steelers ILB Ryan Shazier believes Dupree can be a “huge difference-maker” for their defense this year.
“I definitely feel like [Dupree] can be a huge difference-maker for us,” Shazier said, according to Rutter. “He’s a big, huge guy. You’re not going to be able to run the ball on him. He’s going to keep his leverage so he can make plays. He brings a lot of things to the table that we didn’t have before. . . .
“It’s just good to see him healthy. Last year, he wasn’t really that way. Jumping on the train during the season is kind of hard. I know it was tough on him because I’ve had to do it a few times, going back and forth, back and forth.”