- Coley Harvey of ESPN expects first-round rookie OT Cedric Ogbuehi to start the season on the physically unable to perform list, due to a torn ACL that he sustained in college.
- Harvey believes the Bengals will keep eight of their nine draft picks on their active roster, since Ogbuehi is likely to land on the PUP list.
- Seventh-round rookie WR Mario Alford appears to be a “lock” to make the active roster.
- Harvey mentions undrafted rookies SS Erick Dargan, CB Floyd Raven and C Chris Jasperse as “names to watch” to make the 53-man roster.
- Harvey does not see the Bengals initiating any trades, although he believes that veteran OT Andre Smith could be “enticing” as trade bait.
- Adam Teicher of ESPN expects TE Travis Kelce to have more touchdown receptions than WR Jeremy Maclin, due to the Chiefs’ struggles to score touchdowns with wide receivers last season.
- Teicher believes it is “unlikely” for the Chiefs to pursue OL Evan Mathis, due to the return of Jeff Allen, and additions of Ben Grubbs, Paul Fanaika, and second-round rookie Mitch Morse.
- Third-round rookie WR Chris Conley has gained a lot of playing time during offseason activities, and started after Maclin sat out with a sore foot.
- Mike Wells of ESPN writes the Colts feel comfortable enough to start second-year OL Jake Mewhort at left guard and move him to right tackle if needed.
- Wells says that first-round rookie WR Phillip Dorsett has shown “very apparent” speed during offseason activities.
- Dorsett is expected to see the playing field in some capacity next season as either a return specialist, or lining up at receiver.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN writes that it is “long gone” for any conversation including the Jaguars relocating to Los Angeles.
- DiRocco could see the Jaguars pursuing a free agent linebacker, as that happens to be a position they would still like to improve.
- DiRocco expects second-round rookie RB T.J. Yeldon to emerge as an every-down back, but should be brought along “slowly” to that point.
- According to DiRocco, realistic expectations for Yeldon are around 700-to-800 rushing yards, and 10-to-15 receptions.
- HC Gus Bradley said it’s “probable” for second-year WR Marqise Lee to be held out of the Jaguars’ three-day minicamp, due to his injured knee.
- DiRocco does not see a trade market for many of the Jaguars’ players.
- GM David Caldwell is not “worried” about third-round rookie OL A.J. Cann getting his contract signed.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!