The Miami Dolphins are continuing to be impressed by DE Emmanuel Ogbah, including DC Josh Boyer who thinks he has shown constant improvement this season.
“I know a lot of people, they look at kind of – call it ‘flash stats,’ but there’s a lot of things that he does for us defensively that opens up things for other people,” Boyer said, via Joe Schad of The Palm Beach Post. “He does a good job of setting the edge and we can move him around. He’s a good worker, good kid. He’s a joy to be around. He can do a lot of things. He’s very multiple and I think the other thing is he’s a hard worker. He’s shown constant improvement, week after week.”
- Dolphins HC Brian Flores commented on the team’s decision to trade WR Isaiah Ford to the Patriots: “At the end of the day we felt like the best thing for us was to make that particular trade. We have a lot of respect and admiration for Isaiah Ford.” (Josh Tolentino)
- Dolphins RB Matt Breida missed practice Wednesday with a minor hamstring injury. (Barry Jackson)
Jets GM Joe Douglas believes third-year QB Sam Darnold is still the organization’s “quarterback of the future” despite his string of injuries.
“I feel like he has a different set of wide receivers every week,” Douglas said, via Around the NFL. “I think you see the flashes of what he can be, and they’re really special. Let’s not forget that Sam’s a 23-year-old quarterback that is maybe one of the toughest quarterbacks I’ve ever been around. I’m very excited about Sam. I have no problem saying that he is our best quarterback and our quarterback for the future.”
Douglas said they must “do a better job” of acquiring talent to build around Darnold.
“Look, I mean, we’re trying to get through the next eight games,” Douglas said. “My feeling on Sam hasn’t changed. We have to do a better job of surrounding him with talent.”
Douglas added that he is focused on helping Jets HC Adam Gase and solving the organization’s problems.
“My focus is helping Adam solve the problem and work together to do it,” Douglas said. “Obviously, I think we’re all confident in our abilities, but I’m focused to solve these problems with Adam.”
- Doug Kyed of NESN lists several ways that the Patriots could fill the void that was left at defensive tackle in the wake of injuries to Beau Allen and Lawrence Guy.
- Despite being recently released by the Cowboys for being overweight, Kyed thinks that free agent DT Dontari Poe could be an option for a team that is clearly hurting right now at the position.
- Asked if the Patriots entertained offers for CB Stephon Gilmore, HC Bill Belichick responded: “Not that I’m aware of.” (Evan Lazar)
- Belichick noted third-round TE Devin Asiasi‘s placement on injured reserve was unrelated to the personal issue that caused him to miss this past week’s game. (Ben Volin)