“It was crazy because I’ve been working behind the scenes on that for a little while now,” Diggs said. “I was actually working on it before he went to L.A. because I felt like he would have been a nice piece for us to have pushing going into playoffs. I guess Denver was trying to deal him at the time. I was like, ‘He might be that push that we need,’ so I started working on it a little bit lightly, but I still had to focus on the season,” said Diggs, via Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News.
Diggs mentioned that he began recruiting Miller once again after the 2021 season.
“We started having conversations after the season,” Diggs said. “He was like, he was serious about it. I was like, ‘How serious are you?’ Because I had bumped into him in L.A., and I was like, ‘Well, you know what we’ve got going on here. What you see is what you get. You know what kind of team is this.’ I felt like he would be the right piece. He fit right in. Him signing with us, I feel like he’ll definitely help our team.”
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins are bringing in Georgie RB James Cook for a meeting and workout on Friday.
- Jackson mentions that several NFL draft prospects are expected to work out for the Dolphins this week including QB D’Eriq King, RB Cam’Ron Harris, DT Jon Ford, WR Mike Harley Jr., RB D’Vonte Price, FAU CB Zyon Gilbert, and LB Zach McCloud.
- PFN’s Aaron Wilson reports Columbia CB Will Allen Jr. is working out for the Dolphins this week.
- Georgia LB Channing Tindall is visiting the Dolphins as well, according to Billy Marshall.
- The Dolphins have a top 30 visit scheduled with UT-Chattanooga OL Cole Strange. (Justin Melo)
- Wisconsin CB Faion Hicks attended the Dolphins’ local prospect day and met with Miami’s staff following his workout. (Aaron Wilson)
- Barry Jackson notes that Miami QB D’Eriq King chose to work out with the Texans over the Dolphins after being forced to make a choice between the two.