The Bills announced Wednesday that they’re starting rookie QB Josh Allen for Week 2’s game against the Chargers.
Regarding the move, Bills HC Sean McDermott said “it’s the right move for our team.”
“I felt like just like this is the right move,” McDermott explained, via NFL.com. “I felt like that was the right move and I’ll take that to my grave.”
“He’s going to get valuable experience from being … behind the steering wheel. There’s certainly valuable experience when you can stand and watch. But as we all know, there’s no substitute for the experience when you’re actually behind the wheel. There’s a lot of value to that.“
- Ian Rapoport reports that Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon suffered a knee injury that is expected to keep him out several weeks. The Ravens officially placed Dixon on injured reserve Wednesday.
- The Baltimore Ravens officially ruled out TE Hayden Hurst (foot), RB Kenneth Dixon (knee), DB Maurice Canady (Thigh) and DT Willie Henry (hernia) for Thursday’s game against the Bengals.
- The Ravens also have WR/KR Janarion Grant (hand) listed as questionable.
- Jeremy Fowler reports that Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell was not at the team’s facility on Wednesday and Pittsburgh is “all-in with James Conner in the Week 2 gameplan.”
- Steelers G David DeCastro said Wednesday that his hand injury is more serious than he originally believed. According to DeCastro, his hand is still swollen and can’t be fitted for a brace until the swelling goes down. (Ray Fittipaldo)