Broncos’ DC Ed Donatell is excited as he returns to the team following a very serious battle with COVID-19 and wants everyone to know that the disease is something people should be worrying about.
“I just can’t wait to get back,’’ Donatell said, via Mike Klis of 9News. “The big takeaway is you miss the contact with people. That day-to-day contact with your players on the field, with your fellow coaches, coaching in games. I’ve never been deprived of that and that wasn’t a lot of fun, but I learned some things. I learned how special a lot of things are in life to you, and how important your health is. There are times when you’ve got to press the pause button and get it back to where it is. I think everybody should be nervous. I wouldn’t be telling you the truth if I didn’t think so because there are so many unknowns about this virus. There are so many unknowns about it. It’s not like a normal disease where people can tell you, ‘Hey, this is what’s happened in the past.’ So, when you know all the research is ongoing, yeah, it puts up great interest. You’re wondering how far is this thing going to go? But again, hats off to the medical team. They were right there with me, five-star treatment the whole way and ready to go.’’
- Broncos HC Vic Fangio believes teams have begun directing coverage toward rookie WR Jerry Jeudy: “I do think it has happened some.” (Troy Renck)
- Fangio said G Graham Glasgow (toe) is doubtful for Week 14: “Right now, it doesn’t look like he will be able to go.” (Renck)
- Fangio said Broncos QB Drew Lock (back) will be a full participant in Friday’s practice after having his back “tighten up” late in Wednesday’s practice. (Jeff Legwold)
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said RB Justin Jackson has “a chance” to be activated from the injured reserve in time for Week 14. (Daniel Popper)
- Lynn said he plans to start DE Isaac Rochell over Jerry Tillery. (Gilbert Manzano)
- Lynn added that Chargers OT Trey Pipkins is not expected to be activated from the COVID-19 list for Sunday’s game. (Popper)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 14: LB Denzel Perryman (back).
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 14: RB Troymaine Pope (neck), WR Joe Reed (ribs).
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said LB Damien Wilson (knee) didn’t practice on Friday for the third consecutive day and LB Willie Gay Jr. would likely fill in for him. (Herbie Teope)
- Reid said he expects WR Tyreek Hill and RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire to play in Week 14.
- OUT for Week 14: LB Damien Wilson (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 14: S Tyrann Mathieu (hip)
Raiders HC Jon Gruden said that he’s glad to have backup QB Marcus Mariota “finally healthy.”
“I don’t like to think about anything happening to our quarterback. But Marcus is finally healthy. He’s proven it on the practice field the last 10 days. Hopefully, that’s good things to come for him because I think he’s a hell of a quarterback,” said Gruden, via Jerry McDonald.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said they will monitor how RB Josh Jacobs (ankle), RT Trent Brown (COVID-19), and S Johnathan Abram (knee) are feeling on Saturday before determining their Week 14 availability.
- Vic Tafur mentions that Jacobs, Brown, and Abram are expected to play.
- OUT for Week 14: CB Damon Arnette (concussion, neck), S Jeff Heath (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 14: S Johnathan Abram (knee), RB Josh Jacobs (ankle), CB Isaiah Johnson (groin)