- According to 1070TheFan’s Kevin Bowen, Colts S Malik Hooker says he expects to play this week. Hooker added he was 90 percent ready last week but didn’t want to push his return early in the season.
Jaguars QB Nick Foles is eligible to start practicing this week and return to play next week after being placed on injured reserve with a broken collarbone after Week 1. However, given the play of sixth-round rookie QB Gardner Minshew in relief, the Jaguars feel comfortable taking it slow with Foles as he works back.
“We’ve got time, so we’ll just kind of gradually work him back in there,” Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said via John Oehser of the team’s website. “I know he has been throwing on the side. I just want to make sure we’re good with the reps and building it up, not trying to do too much too fast. We’ll be smart this week and then we’ll see how it progresses.”
- Marrone told reporters Foles would work with the scout team, throw during 7-on-7 drills and work to the side this first week. (Michael DiRocco)
- The Jaguars worked out Keishawn Bierria, Ukeme Eligwe, Nicholas Grigsby, Donald Payne, Christian Sam, and Malcolm Smith (signed) on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jaguars signed LB Malcolm Smith and LB Donald Payne. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars placed TE Geoff Swaim and LB D.J. Alexander on injured reserve.
After Houston suffered its third setback of the season this past Sunday, falling to the Colts in a game that could be crucial toward determining first place in the AFC South down the line, QB Deshaun Watson preached patience for the now 4-3 Texans.
“We can’t get frustrated,” Watson said via the team website’s Deepi Sidhu. “We can’t get discouraged. We have to keep a positive energy and stay motivated. Like I said, anything can happen. This is the NFL. It’s a new week every week.”
- Newly-acquired Texans CB Gareon Conley will play on Sunday against his old team the Raiders, Houston HC Bill O’Brien confirmed. (Scott Bair)
- The Texans tried out LS Andrew DePaola, LS Matt Overton, LS Wes Farnsworth, CB E.J. Gaines, RB Darius Jackson, WR J.J. Nelson, WR Eli Rogers, and RB Austin Walter. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans released TE Logan Paulsen. (NFLTR)
- Texans signed DT Javier Edwards and TE Jerell Adams to their practice squad.
- According to Jim Wyatt of the official team website, the Titans likely won’t trade QB Marcus Mariota as they don’t have another quarterback on the roster to back up Ryan Tannehill.
- The Titans worked out Dewayne Hendrix and Austin Larkin on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Titans re-signed DL Matt Dickerson. (NFLTR)
- Titans waived OLB Derrick Roberson.