- Mike Klis of 9 News reports that Broncos WR Courtland Sutton suffered a rib injury following a weightlifting session. The good news, however, is that Sutton is expected to be fine and to suit up for Week 3’s game against the Packers.
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said that Thursday was just a rest day for C Mike Pouncey.
- Lynn mentioned that K Michael Badgley will be a game-time decision in Week 3. (Daniel Popper)
The Chargers also have K Michael Badgley (right groin) all down as questionable.
- Adam Teicher notes that rookie RB Darwin Thompson‘s first significant playing time could come on Sunday against the Ravens now that RB Damien Williams has been ruled out with a knee injury.
- According to Teicher, RB LeSean McCoy (sprained ankle) appears to be ready to play but the Chiefs are likely to be cautious about overloading him.
Newly acquired WR Trevor Davis says he’s locked in his hotel room trying to learn the Raiders’ playbook since being traded to Oakland.
“I’m locked in at the hotel, in my playbook the whole time,” Davis said, via NBC Bay Area.
Davis said it will be much easier for him to step in and help on special teams with Dwayne Harris is out.
“It’s much more simplistic when comparing special teams to offense, so it’s easier to plug yourself into that,” Davis said. “That’s why I might be more ready to hop in there on special teams. Hopefully I’m involved in both soon, but I’m preparing to be ready for anything.”
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said RT Trent Brown (knee) is “still sore, but he looked good today” in practice: “He’s a tough guy. Hopefully he’ll be ready to go on Sunday.” (Scott Bair)
- According to Gruden, they think WR J.J. Nelson could be back on Sunday: “We need the speed, no doubt.” (Scott Bair)
- Gruden said there’s a “50-50 chance” WR/KR Trevor Davis will be active Sunday, but it will depend on whether he’s ready to contribute offensively if required.
- Gruden also mentioned that there’s a strong possibility DT Corey Liuget makes his Raiders debut in Week 3. (Scott Bair)
- The Raiders officially ruled out WR Dwayne Harris (ankle) and G Gabe Jackson (knee) for Week 3’s game and list T Trenton Brown (knee), LB Vontaze Burfict (shoulder, knee), G Denzelle Good (ankle), DT P.J. Hall (illness), S Lamarcus Joyner (groin), and DT Corey Liuget (knee) as questionable.