Under the guidance of new HC Vic Fangio, the Broncos expected their tandem of LBs Von Miller and Bradley Chubb to wreak opposing offenses. Instead, the Broncos have yet to record a sack or a turnover three games into the 2019 regular season. At 0-3, Denver has spent quite a bit of time playing from behind which makes it harder on the defense to get sacks. But Miller says that doesn’t matter.
“I’ve got to find a way to play better, I’ve got to find a way to get sacks, I’ve got to find a way to do my job,” Miller said via KUSA’s Mike Klis.
- Broncos DL Derek Wolfe has a high ankle sprain and is hoping to miss minimal time, while LB Josey Jewell has a hamstring issue. (Troy Renck)
- After being called out by several people in the organization, including GM John Elway, for holding penalties, Fangio says Broncos OT Garett Bolles played much better in Sunday’s game against Green Bay: “He didn’t get called for any holding penalties, which I know you were all waiting for. … He played a cleaner game, to his credit.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Per the Athletic’s Daniel Popper, Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said the team would keep the same starting five on the offensive line while working G Forrest Lamp into the rotation.
- Lynn mentioned TE Virgil Green (groin) is day-to-day, WR Travis Benjamin (quad) could miss next week and WR Mike Williams (knee) will continue to try to play through his injury. (Eric Williams)
- Regarding Williams, Lynn said: “Mike is showing a lot of toughness right now. Mike is really playing with his injuries and he’s fighting through it. I think that’s part of learning how to be a professional, playing through pain and producing.” (Jeff Miller)
- The Chiefs tried out free agent LB Joe Dineen on Monday. (Howard Balzer)
- Per Myles Simmons of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Raiders HC Jon Gruden says G Gabe Jackson won’t practice this week but could return to the field in Week 5.
- Raiders OT Trent Brown is dealing with an ankle issue after tweaking his right knee last week. (Paul Gutierrez)
- Gruden mentioned the team would look at bringing in another linebacker, as Vontaze Burfict (elbow), Marquel Lee (ankle) and Nicholas Morrow (ankle) are all dealing with injuries. (Jimmy Durkin)