- According to Mike Klis, Broncos G Billy Turner is the one player the team would like to re-sign of their 14 impending free agents and are currently negotiating an extension with his representation.
- Although the Broncos have a second meeting scheduled with C Matt Paradis, who is another impending free agent, Klis writes that “all signs” point to Paradis reaching the open market.
- The Broncos’ 14 free agents include CB Bradley Roby, DL Domata Peko, TE Jeff Heuerman, OT Jared Veldheer, G Max Garcia, LB Shaq Barrett, DE Shane Ray, CB Tramaine Brock, DL Zach Kerr, C Gino Gradkowski, CB Jamar Taylor, OLB Deiontrez Mount, Paradis, and Turner.
The Kansas City Chiefs announced their finalized defensive staff changes on Tuesday, including:
- DC Steve Spagnuolo
- DL coach Brendan Daly
- LBs coach Matt House
- DBs coach Dave Merritt
- CBs coach Sam Madison
- OLBs coach Britt Reid
- defensive quality control coach Terry Bradden
- assistant Alex Whittingham
“He was more hurt than what we thought,” Anderson said, via Cameron DaSilva of Rams Wire. “The injury was a little bit more than what everybody in the building thought, including himself.”
Anderson added that Gurley had a “sprained knee” but Gurley never provided further details of his injury.
“Yeah, he’d never really tell me. It was tough. I would say sprained knee,” Anderson said. “Obviously, it’s the same knee injury he’s had before in his career. Obviously, I had surgery on my meniscus and once you have a knee, you always have a knee. So it aggravates and if he was getting a lot of touches earlier in the year — obviously him being one of the best backs, that probably was the case.“