Free-agent WR Dez Bryant announced via his Twitter account Wednesday that he intends to begin contacting NFL teams about making a comeback in two weeks.
I’m not trying to go nowhere and be a starter on a team I want to contribute because I know I will be able too… I’m feeling good… in two weeks I’m going to reach out to teams and see what happens…. let’s go X
— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) November 6, 2019
Back in August, Bryant told Jane Slater that he’s planning to attempt to get back in the league around “mid-October.”
”I’m way better than I was before I went to the Saints last year… mid October is when I’m going to be trying to get back in the league,” Bryant said.
Bryant, 31, is a former first-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2010. He was in the third year of his five-year, $70 million contract that included $45 million guaranteed and was set to make base salaries of $12.5 million over the final two years of the agreement when Dallas released him last year.
The Saints signed Bryant to a one-year deal worth $600,000 over the remainder of the season, but he suffered a torn Achilles last year.
Bryant is once again an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
In 2017, Bryant appeared in 15 games for the Cowboys and has caught 66 passes for 814 yards receiving and six touchdowns. Pro Football Focus had him rated as the No. 45 receiver out of 116 qualifying players that season.
We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
We’ll have more regarding Bryant as the news is available.