- According to Dane Brugler, it sounds like Baylor QB Bryce Petty is firmly in the mix to be a second-round pick.
- Brugler adds that it wouldn’t be shocking if he wound up getting drafted in the late first-round to a team looking to add a fifth-year to his contract.
- According to Matt Miller, the 49ers don’t value any inside linebackers as first or second round talents.
Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star believes the Colts would avoid drafting Nebraska’s Randy Gregory and Missouri’s Shane Ray, due to GM Ryan Grigson‘s stance against taking players with character concerns in the first four rounds of the draft.
“When you get down in those later rounds, a lot of times you are staring at some talent but you are going to have to deal with a few headaches here and there,” said Grigson. “You can deal with headaches, just not migraines.”
- Peter King of The MMQB expects the Jaguars to draft Alabama WR Amari Cooper at No. 3 overall.
- Saints worked out Central Arkansas WR Dezmin Lewis. (Kristian Garic)
- Peter King expects the Titans to draft Oregon QB Marcus Mariota at No. 2, but that they could be swayed to trade the pick if offered something on the level of three first-round picks.