Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com has been taking an early look at some of the top draft prospects to watch for the upcoming season and for the 2021 draft.
- Jeremiah writes that he was surprised at how LSU WR Ja’Marr Chase dominated so many quality cornerbacks last year.
- Jeremiah considers Chase to be a “special, special talent” and says his competitiveness is off-the-charts impressive.
- As for a player comp, Jeremiah mentions that Chase’s competitiveness and run-after-the-catch ability reminded him of guys like Steve Smith Sr. and Anquan Boldin. Jeremiah also sees some flashes of JuJu Smith-Schuster.
- Jeremiah says it was “love at first sight” when he began studying Miami EDGE Gregory Rousseau’s tape.
- According to Jeremiah, Rousseau is an effective pass rusher capable of working inside against interior offensive linemen.
- Jeremiah compares Rousseau to Vikings DE Danielle Hunter and says he’s more polished at the college level than Hunter was. Jeremiah can see Rousseau emerging as a perennial All-Pro player.
- Jeremiah writes that Ohio State CB Shaun Wade likely would have been a first-round pick had he declared for the 2020 NFL Draft, despite having some areas to improve upon.
- Jeremiah believes another season at Ohio State could result in White emerging as the top player at cornerback.
- According to Jeremiah, Wade has some similarities to Minkah Fitzpatrick, due to his versatility and outstanding instincts and toughness. Jeremiah thinks teams will have similar discussions about where Wade should play at the next level.