- The Athletic’s Connor Hughes reports the Bears expressed interest in G Greg Van Roten before he elected to sign with the Jets.
- Southern Illinois S Jeremy Chinn had a pre-draft video meeting with the Bears. (Justin M)
Lions WR Marvin Jones hasn’t relaxed the expectations he has for himself entering his age-31 season. Injuries to Jones and his quarterback have hampered his production somewhat the past two seasons, but the veteran still finished with nine touchdowns in 2019 and has his sights set even higher in 2020 with a healthy Matthew Stafford back and throwing him the ball.
“I want to lead the league in — I want over 15 touchdowns,” Jones said via MLive.com’s Kyle Meinke. “Forget 10, I’ve had 10 already. I want (15). I want 1,400 (yards). Just stuff like that that drives me and every time I step on that line — I’m going on Year 9 — but every time I step on that line, it just fuels me to be great.”
“I’ve had 10 touchdowns, I’ve had over 1,100 (yards), I’ve led the league in yards per catch, I’ve had two games of over four touchdowns,” Jones added. “I think it’s more just me going up and just staying up, going to the top and staying to the top.”
- According to Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller, Utah State QB Jordan Love has connected with a number of teams, including the Packers, via video conference ahead of the draft.
- Per NFL Media’s Kimberly Jones, Giants LB Blake Martinez said he and the Packers were on a “different wavelength” about his value headed into free agency.
- Martinez said the Packers don’t value inside linebackers and said there was a misconception about him because he was “taught and told to be the clean-up crew guy.” (Pat Leonard)