- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press expects the Lions to do their diligence on Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa. however, he doesn’t think they’ll take him at No. 3 overall because of his health concerns and the front office/coaching staff’s need to win in 2020.
- Birkett lists the Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers, Jaguars and Colts as potential trade partners should the Lions trade out of the No. 3 pick with a team looking to move up for Tagovailoa.
- If the Lions are to remain at No. 3 and make the pick, Birkett says he’d lean towards selecting Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah.
- As for potential free agent options, Birkett mentions Cowboys CB Bryon Jones, Chiefs DL Chris Jones, Patriots LB Elandon Roberts and QB Case Keenum as a backup option.
- Birkett wonders if former Dolphins OC Chad O’Shea could be a potential addition for Matt Patricia’s coaching staff.
- QUESTIONABLE for Sunday’s game: QUESTIONABLE for Sunday’s game: DE Ezekiel Ansah (neck), S Marquise Blair (ankle), T Duane Brown (knee), T George Fant (groin), DT Quinton Jefferson (ankle)
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Vikings WR Adam Thielen was cleated in practice and suffered a “gash” on his ankle.
- Rapoport says that Thielen should play on Saturday, but it remains to be seen how Thielen’s stitches will hold up during the game. The expectation is that he won’t do anything until game time.
- Jeremy Fowler reports that Thielen is expected to wear protective padding around his stitched-up ankle for the playoff game against the 49ers.
- OUT for Saturday’s game: CB Mackensie Alexander (knee), S Jayron Kearse (toe, knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Saturday’s game: WR Adam Thielen (ankle)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!