- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan told reporters that C.J. Beathard is okay to back up starting QB Jimmy Garoppolo this weekend. (Cam Inman)
- According to Shanahan, RT Trent Brown is improving and will be a game-time decision. Should Brown miss Sunday’s game, the 49ers would go with Zane Beadles. (Cam Inman)
- The San Francisco 49ers officially list RT Trenton Brown (shoulder), S Adrian Colbert (thumb) and CB Ahkello Witherspoon (ankle) all questionable for Week 13.
- The Carolina Panthers announced that TE Greg Olsen (foot), RB Christian McCaffrey (shoulder), LB Thomas Davis (hamstring), LB Shaq Thompson (foot) and C Ryan Kalil (neck) are all questionable for Week 13’s game against the Saints.
- The Panthers have also ruled out OT John Theus (illness) for Sunday’s game.
“I think if they’re good enough to go, they need to go,” Gruden said, via the Washington Post. “But we’ll see how they’re doing from a longevity standpoint. We obviously don’t want to hurt anybody’s future and a chance for them to injury themselves long-term. But if it’s just a nagging ankle sprain or something like that where the guys can play through it, then they’ll play through it. We’ve got to dress 46 guys out there, and we’ll dress the healthiest guys we can.”
Williams may need to undergo surgery after the season, and Gruden explained that they’ll see how his timeline for the procedure will project before deciding anything.
“Let’s find out what the timeline is for the surgery — if he has to have surgery number one, what type of surgery it’s going to be and how long it’s going to put him out,” Gruden said. “We’ll take all that and figure out what we’re going to do with him. If he’s good enough to finish the season, we’ll finish out the season. We need him. Kirk [Cousins] needs him. We’ll go by what the doctors say, how Trent feels and make our decision with Trent.”
- The New Orleans Saints officially ruled out TE Coby Fleener (concussion) and S Marcus Williams (groin) for Sunday’s game against the Panthers.
- The Saints also list LT Terron Armstead (thigh/shoulder), CB Marshon Lattimore (ankle) and CB P.J. Williams (shoulder) all as being questionable for Week 13.
- The Seattle Seahawks officially ruled out S Kam Chancellor (neck), G Oday Aboushi (shoulder), and Josh Forrest (foot) for Sunday’s game against the Eagles.
- Seattle has also DE Dion Jordan (neck) and DT Nazair Jones (ankle) both listed as doubtful while LT Duane Brown (ankle), TE Jimmy Graham (ankle), LB D.J. Alexander (shoulder), LB Bobby Wagner (hamstring) and S Earl Thomas (heel) are all questionable for Sunday.