- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are working to restructure WR Mike Evans contract, according to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler. The idea behind the restructure is it will give Tampa Bay more cap space for immediate moves in order for a repeat Super Bowl push.
- The Athletic’s Greg Auman says the Bucs don’t have any particular addition in mind, instead, the money will be used for “normal operational expenses – practice squad, injury settlements and such.“
- The Athletic’s Joe Person writes that even if the Panthers weren’t satisfied with their current group of quarterbacks, bringing back Cam Newton wouldn’t be a fit.
- Panthers owner David Tepper and HC Matt Rhule already made the decision to turn the page on the franchise icon.
- Panthers HC Matt Rhule said S Juston Burris has a hip injury that isn’t serious. (Joe Person)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!