- According to Mike Jurecki, new Cardinals HC Steve Wilks offered former DC James Bettcher the opportunity to continue as Arizona’s defensive coordinator.
- However, Bettcher ultimately decided it was best for him to move and he has since agreed to join the Giants as their new defensive coordinator.
- Eagles QB Nick Foles said his ribs “are great” following the results of his X-Rays. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
Saints GM Mickey Loomis said that they’re still waiting for a resolution regarding the contract grievance they filed involving Saints DT Nick Fairley.
“There’s grievances filed, so we have to go through the process,” Loomis said, per Josh Katzenstein.
The Saints signed Fairly to a four-year, $28 million deal with last March. However, doctors later determined that Fairley has a heart condition after he met with three heart specialists.
New Orleans later placed Fairley on the non-football illness list and he missed the entire 2017 season.
At this point, it’s unlikely Fairley ever plays in the NFL again.
- Loomis confirmed that Saints will receive the conditional sixth-round pick they got in exchanged for trading RB Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals. (Joel A. Erickson)
- Ben Goessling reports that Vikings QB coach Kevin Stefanski will speak with HC Mike Zimmer this week regarding the team’s offensive coordinator job.