- Vaughn McClure of ESPN writes that it would not be surprising to see the Falcons show some interest in a potential trade for DE Michael Bennett.
- Bennett has an obvious tie to the Falcons with former Seahawks DC Dan Quinn now the team’s head coach while Falcons DC Marquand Manuel was a defensive assistant in Seattle.
- They could also use some defensive line depth and Bennett can provide pass rush help and some versatility up front.
- McClure mentions that the Seahawks could use a running back, but Atlanta has no intention of trading backup Tevin Coleman.
- Adam Schefter reports that the Saints and Drew Brees’ agent, Tom Condon, met Thursday night to open talks regarding a contract extension.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said Thursday that he expects a deal to get done “sooner rather than later.”
- Saints GM Mickey Loomis declined to discuss details from last night’s meeting with Brees’ agent, but said: “I think the important thing is Drew wants to be a New Orleans Saint and we want him to be a New Orleans Saint, so he’s going to be a New Orlean Saint.” (Herbie Teope)
- Loomis mentioned that the Nick Fairley grievance is still unresolved. When asked him if it would be beneficial to have it resolved before March 14, Loomis said: “Depends on which way it goes.” (Mickey Loomis)
- According to Kristian Garic, Saints OT Zach Strief said he has not decided on possibly retiring from the NFL and hopes to come to a decision by next week after speaking with HC Sean Payton. A recent report said that Strief was likely to retire this offseason. (NFLTR)
- Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews is scheduled to have a formal interview Friday night with the Saints. (Herbie Teope)
- South Dakota TE Dallas Goedert said he had nine formal interviews at the Combine so far, which includes a meeting with the Saints. (Herbie Teope)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!