Home Buccaneers NFC South Notes: Buccaneers, Falcons, Panthers, Saints
- According to Matt Miller of B/R, the feeling around the league regarding the Buccaneers is that Jameis Winston will be back for at least 2020.
- Miller admits Tampa Bay could still pull the trigger and select a quarterback such as Utah State’s Jordan Love or Washington’s Jacob Eason if they fall in love with one of them.
- If the Bucs retain Winston, Miller says it would free them up to draft a defensive player like an edge-rusher or safety.
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com projects the Buccaneers to receive a fourth-round compensatory pick for LB Kwon Alexander.
- While defensive end and cornerback could be options for the Falcons in round one of next year’s draft, an NFL scout tells Matt Miller to not rule out Atlanta drafting a running back with Devonta Freeman getting older and no clear No. 2 option on their roster.
- Dan Graziano continues to hear Baylor Matt Rhule connected to the Panthers as well as Josh McDaniels, Eric Bienemy and Brian Daboll.
- Graziano mentions that Carolina is still looking to add some people to their front office around GM Marty Hurney and he’s keeping his eye on Titans VP/player personnel Ryan Cowden as a potential addition.
- According to Matt Miller, the focus for the Saints right now is for them to add another wide receiver and depth in the pass-rush unit for next season.
- OUT for Wildcard game: CB Eli Apple (ankle), RB Zach Line (knee)