Home 49ers NFC West Notes: 49ers, Rams, Seahawks
- According to the Athletic’s Vincent Bonsignore, the addition of third-round RB Darrell Henderson could push RBs Justin Davis and John Kelly off the roster, though he adds Davis is talented enough to catch on elsewhere.
- Bonsignore notes WR JoJo Natson should be safe on the final roster for his ability as a returner.
- Bonsignore says OL Jamil Demby should be in prime position for a key backup role on the offensive line after being squeezed out of a roster spot last preseason.
- He adds OL Aaron Neary‘s chances of making the roster are hurt by a four-game suspension, though his ability to play center is a plus.
- Per Bonsignore, the Rams plan to play LB Micah Kiser primarily on running downs to transition him into a starting role. That opens up a potential spot for LBs Dakota Allen, Josh Carraway, Bryce Hager or Travin Howard to not only make the team but contribute on defense.
- Bonsignore mentions Rams CB Darious Williams and S Steven Parker as players with NFL futures who could be released due to the depth in the secondary.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer expects the Seahawks to look for outside help on the defensive line after losing DL Jarran Reed to a six-game suspension.
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal says the Seahawks could cut RB C.J. Prosise if he can’t stay healthy.
- Rosenthal also says Seahawks QB Paxton Lynch is likely on the outs if he can’t beat out Geno Smith for the No. 2 QB.