New Bears HC Matt Nagy said he believes former first-round WR Kevin White has a “big ceiling” and they’re going to do what they can to help him reach it.
“I would think it would, that it would help him,” Nagy said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “If any of us were in that situation, and you have a fresh start — forget about the whys of what happened. Forget about that. That doesn’t matter. What matters is about right now. He’s young. He has a big ceiling. Now we can try to do it as much as we can as coaches and try to pull it out of him, but he’s got to work hard. He’s got to put time in the playbook. He’s got to put in the extra work after practice when he can. And then when the game comes, he’s got to make plays. When you do that, his confidence will slowly get better and better.”
- Nagy said OLB Aaron Lynch hurt his ankle during Wednesday’s practice but does not think he sustained a serious injury. (Jeff Dickerson)
- On Thursday, Nagy said Lych’s ankle injury turned out to be “better than we thought.” (Adam Jahns)
- Broncos executive VP John Elway made it clear that Case Keenum will be their starting quarterback, even if they take a quarterback at No. 5 overall: “Case is our starter. We will cross that our road when we get there (about possibly taking a QB).” (Troy Renck)
- Elway said there isn’t consensus in the Broncos’ building when it comes to ranking the Top 4 QBs in this year’s class. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- According to Elway, they haven’t made a decision regarding whether to pick up OLB Shane Ray‘s fifth-year option. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Regarding the decision to recently release RB C.J. Anderson, Elway said: “C.J. was a great player for us and had a great year last year. … That’s part of football. It’s always tough to have to make those types of decisions.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Elway said he’s “open to trading” and plans to go through trade scenarios on Monday. (Lindsey Jones)
- The Broncos will have their 2018 draft board finalized on Monday.
- As for the decision to add incentives to CB Chris Harris‘ contract, Elway said: “We thought it was the right thing for us to do on behalf of Chris, for the way that he played and things he’s done not only on the field but off the field.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- The Broncos visited with Texas A&M WR Damion Ratley on Wednesday. (Mike Klis)
- Lions GM Bob Quinn on who he’d take if he was picking No. 1 overall: “I don’t want to say anything in case I trade up.” (Dave Birkett)
- Quinn said he’s “always in the business” of getting more draft picks and added that having more picks is just “good for business.”
- According to Quinn, they will start doing the legwork over the next four to five days to see what is going on around the league. (Michael Rothstein)